For the two or three (if I’m lucky haha) people out there who read this blog…no I haven’t died from gangrene as a result of my ankle injury. It has finally healed and juggling that and fall coursework has left me little time to update/spend time photographing my kitchen kinesthetics. I’m going to remedy that starting today!
Thanksgiving came a few days late this year for my family. My university is pretty stingy with holidays, I had a midterm on the 26th, so I couldn’t possibly get home in time to cook. The solution was pretty easy: postpone. We celebrated on Saturday and no one complained. Especially because it meant I could brine the turkey this year. Brining = Magic. If you want a perfect Turkey use a brine, you will be rewarded for your patience.
- Turkey w/Gravy – Rosemary, Thyme, Garlicky goodness
- Challah Stuffing – Fresh sage and dried cranberries for some kick
- Port Cinnamon Cranberry sauce – An old Bon Apetit recipe
- Cheesy Mashed then Baked Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries – Sea Salt, Paprika, Rosemary and Ground Pepper
- Garlic Asparagus – wrapped in bunches with roasted green onion
- Apple Pie – Some help from Dorie/Alton
- Pumpkin Cheesecake w/whipped Vanilla Cream
That’s MY idea of a great vacation! I was given permission to make as big a mess in the kitchen as I wanted and boy did I ever but nobody complained. Not while they were eating anyway. When it came time to clean up the kitchen there were definitely some teasing comments. I tried to clean up while I cooked, honestly! I really did. Oh well.